Château Léoville-Barton is a Second Growth Bordeaux located in St.-Julien. It was once part of a vast estate owned by the Marquis de Léoville. After the French revolution the estate was divided and sold at public auction. In 1836 an Irishman named Hugh Barton bought the property and it has remained with his descendants, the Barton family. One thing that sets Château Léoville-Barton wine apart from other Medoc wines is that it is made with only a small amount of Merlot. Since there is no château on the estate, the wine is actually made at nearby Château Langoa-Barton, also owned by the Barton family. The wines of Léoville-Barton have been extraordinarily well reviewed since the 1980s, and some critics consider them the best value of all the premier wines of St.-Julien. Château Léoville-Barton is made up of 123 acres of vineyards planted to 72 % Cabernet Sauvignon, 20 % Merlot and 8% Cabernet France. The average age of the vines is 30 years. About 264,000 bottles are produced annually. La Reserve de Léoville-Barton is the estate's second wine.