Chapelle-Chambertin is a 13.5-acre Grand Cru vineyard just north of Griotte-Chambertin in the village of Gevrey-Chambertin. Its name comes from the chapel of Notre Dame de Beze, a chapel built in 1155 by the monks of Abbey de Beze and demolished several centuries later during the French Revolution. There is not much slope in this vineyard, nor much soil. Louis Jadot and Claude Dugat have small parcels here, though the largest landholders are Pierre Damoy, 5 acres; Ponsot 1.7 acres; and Jean and Jean-Louis Trapet, 1.5 acres.
This red wine is relatively light and can pair with a wide variety of foods. The grape prefers cooler climates and the wine is most often associated with Burgundy, Champagne and the U.S. west coast. Regional differences make it nearly as fickle as it is flexible.